• BANGA JOLLOF RICE
1. 30 palm fruits (banga)
2. 2 cups of rice
3. 2 medium smoked fish
4. 2 tablespoon ground crayfish
5. 1 maggi cube
6. 4 fresh tomatoes
7. 1 medium onions
8. 4 medium fresh pepper
9. Salt to taste
1. Boil palm fruit till soft
2. Pound already cooked palm fruits in a mortar until the palm fibers leave the nut.
3. Pour some clean water into the already pounded banga, mix well, squeeze the palm fibers and sift out the filtrate.
4. Wash and parboil rice.
5. Place the filtrate on the fire to boil.
6. Add chopped tomatoes, onions, pepper, crayfish, maggi cube (seasoning) and salt. Allow to boil.
7. Wash and debone fish. Add fish to the mixture on the fire
8. Add the parboiled rice and stir
9. Allow to simmer until the rice is cooked and all the liquid is absorbed.
10. Serve hot